Our partner Model9, a pioneer in cloud data management for mainframe, is pleased to announce Model9 Cloud Data Manager for Mainframe, Version 2.0.
Some of the major innovations in version 2.0 include:
- Cloud Data Sets. Write/read mainframe data sets directly to and from the cloud, without converting your tape-oriented applications, and without rewriting JCL. Directed availability is offered to existing customers. To learn more, contact your mainstorconcept sales representative.
- DB2 Transformation. Model9 now supports the conversion of DB2 image copies into standard formats for use in cloud-based analytics and other applications.
- Infrequent-Access Cloud Storage Tiers. Model9 provides support for lower-cost cloud storage services on AWS and Azure that are intended to provide occasional access to the data.
- User Experience Improvements. Version 2.0 provides users with ease-of-use and performance enhancements, such as improved search capabilities, granular controls for setting retention periods of archived data sets, and clock resolution between the agent time on the mainframe and the UTC time in the cloud.
- Official Support for Scality RING software-defined native file and object storage solution for large scale, on-premises storage and management of unstructured data, featuring compatibility with the Amazon S3 API.
mainstorconcept Partner Model9 (c)